Ever since EDI has ear-marked its first appearance in industrial landscape, it has proven its major value to businesses across all verticals, equally. From streamlining business processes to diminishing business process costs to even augmenting efficiency and accuracy, it has done it all.
However, still the greatest of the EDI transaction benefits often comes in the form of strategic business solutions.
If your company has still not realized its full potential, then it is high time, you start considering so.
The biggest perks of EDI installations
Today, EDI stands as that revolutionary innovation that has opened up newer horizons in the realms of global business. Over the period of time, it has made every business lean and mean.
Improving product delivery:
Using the real-time data and quick-around that software of EDI support, businesses can gain leverage to gain a competitive advantage for themselves. This in turn, helps to improve existing products and also design newer products effectively.
With EDI support, a business can always leverage its real-time visibility and insight. What follows is a process of transaction status enables faster decision-making. This enables improvement in the responsiveness and decision-making of the company to the dynamism’s of the customer needs and market respectively.
EDI system’s content-rich and high-precision data systems has the power to help any business get into newer markets much easier. EDI’s common business language facilitates business partner on-boarding anywhere in the globe possible.
Enhances social responsibility:
EDI also promotes corporate social responsibility and sustainability by diminishing emission of co2 by replacing paper-based processes with electronic processes.
Now, let’s have a look how EDI transactions prove to be useful to industries across verticals.
The uses of major EDI transactions:
While it may be already known to you that EDI transactions are readily available from the software vendors in the market, what may surprise you is that they are not available in ‘ready-to-use’ format.
It contain a number of elements that are unique to every trading partner. As a result, what follows is ‘customization’ that is easier for every company operating in different niches.
Some of the most common EDI transactions:
- EDI transactions labeled “810” are used to transfer data from vendor to customer.
- Transactions tagged “850” are typically purchase orders used by customers, requesting purchase of goods or services.
- “855” is regarded as for order acknowledgement mainly used when a customer requires a notice of receipt of purchase order on the part of the vendor.
- “997”, also known as “functional acknowledgements” is most widely used to notify the sender with the receipt of other EDI transactions.
- “856” or ASNs is meant for shipment notice, instructing a customer prior the receipt of a pending shipment, yet to be delivered.
EDI specialists provding end-to-end EDI service supporting every EDI requirements that your business needs.
Some of our supported EDI products and solutions are:
- Manufacturing: 850, 810 etc.
- Logistics: 210, 753 etc.
- Manufacturing: X12, EDIFACT etc.
- On boarding new trading partners
Raise the best of your business with expert EDI solutions!